Upcycled Blue Jean iPad Sleeve

If you haven't already noticed, I'm on a little Blue Jean upcycle kick right now.  Do you want to know why??  Becasue worn out blue jeans are cheap!!  Or, in this case...free.  I'm sure most of us do not have the money right now to be running out and buying all those beautiful fabrics.  However, I need to continue sewing, so I can get better.  Thus, the blue jean!

I have been wanting to have another go at the iPad cover/sleeve.  I made one other and posted about it here.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I gave it to my Mom for Mother's Day and she said she loves it.  I was just happy the iPad actually FITS into the sleeve.  I do not have an iPad of my own, so I have to just go by the manufacturers measurement, or what other tutorials suggest.

Enough chatter....here is my latest iPad Sleeve.


Blue Jean iPad Sleeve








  This button I ripped off of the pair of blue jeans the material came from.  I knew it would come in handy.  Next time I'll leave a LITTLE more fabric around it to work with.

  I could not find a red or white pony tail holder in my entire house.  How is that possible with 3 girls living here?!  Anyway, I had to use some elastic I had on hand.  It is SO satisfying when I can make something from supplies I already have on hand and not have to spend a single penny!  It makes me happy. :)







I designed this myself.  I'm so please with how it turned out.  AND, no popped seams this time.  The top is a little funky, because I had to add on extra fabric to make it long enough.  This can be fixed next time by actually measuring the blue jeans before I start cutting them to pieces. :)

Thanks for stopping by!  If you are looking for a way to follow Gina's Craft Corner you can do that....
Here for facebook
Here for Twitter
Here for Pinterest
Or click on the sidebar on the blue button to 'join this blog'
OR just leave a COMMENT below.  I love comments!

This projects has been featured at these great blogs:
Threading My Way_Featured
My Turn for us



This project will be linked up at the following list of parties, or at one of the buttons listed at the bottom of this post.

Friday
 Happy Hour Friday 
Frugal Fit Family 
My Turn For Us
Weekend Wonders 
Craftberry Bush 
All Our Days 
Redfly Creations
Craftionary 
Chic on a Shoestring 
Simply Sweet Home
Diana Rambles
 Organized 31 
Happy Go Lucky -Shine on Fridays
One Artsy Mama-Shine on Fridays
One Tough Mother-Shine on Fridays
Young & Crafty-Shine on Fridays
A Peek Into My Paradise 

Saturday
Your Home Based Mom
Cheerios &Lattes
Little Inspiraton
It's Overflowing
Or So She Says
Six Sister's Stuff 
Tatertots and Jellow
A little CLAIREification
Be Different...Act Normal 
Serenity You

Monday 6/24/13
An Original Bell 
I Should be Mopping the Floors
Alderberry Hill
That DIY party 
Mad in Crafts
Uncommon Designs -Monday Funday
C.R.A.F.T.-Monday Funday
Lines Across-Monday Funday
That's What Che Said-Monday Funday
Creatively Living-Monday Funday
An Extraordinary Day-Monday Funday
Titi Crafty
Keeping it Simple 
Sew Can Do 
Craft-O-Maniac 
Flour Me With Love 
The Dedicated House
Clairejustine
Skip to My Loue
Crafts a la Mode
Say not sweet Anne
Alderberry Crafts
Cherished and Handmade Treasures 
Pinkapotamus 
Creating My Way to Success
  DIY Home Sweet Home
Craft and Repeat 
Kathe w/ an E

Tuesday 6/25
Our Delightful Home 
 Funky Polkadot Giraffe
If It's Not Baroque
Nap-time Creations
Sugar Bee Crafts
Adventures of a DIY Mom
Ladybug Blessings
Jennifer Juniper-Hope Studios
Crafty Confessions
A to Zebra Celebratons
Him and Her
Sarah Lynn's Sweets
Get Your Craft On
Be Betsy
Lolly Jane
the diy Dreamer
Hickory Trail 
Stone Cottage Adventure 
Riusa & Crea (Creative Reuse)-9th party
Salt Tree 
Not Just a Housewife 
Someday I'll Learn 
Cupcakes and Crinoline 
Recycled Fashion 

Tuesday afternoon/evening
JAQS Studio
From Dream To Reality-evening
Oh MY!Creative
Smart School House 

Wednesday
The Style Sisters 
We Like to Learn as We Go! 
Ginger Snap Crafts
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
Lil Luna
My Girlish Whims
Someday Crafts - patriotic category
Two Girls and a Party
SNAP!
Southern Lovely 

Thursday 6/27
Live Laugh Rowe
Organized 31
Simply Dream & Create
The Crafty Blog Stalker 
Five Little Chefs
Krysta Steen
A Jennuine Life
All Things With Purpose
A Glimpse Inside
Fireflies and Jellybeans


Blessings,
~Gina



Comments

Popular Posts